Friday, May 25, 2012

3/3 Weapons | MCBH Homecoming Photographer

Just a couple days before sweet McKenzie's husband was set to arrive back in the United States, she contacted me about photographing their homecoming ceremony on MCBH in Kaneohe, HI.

Homecomings are one of my favorite types of events to capture purely for the raw emotion that always is present. I was more than overjoyed to have space available in my calendar to squeeze her in.

Watching her wait with her friends, see the anticipation growing, and the tears of joy falling was probably one of the most rewarding experiences I've had. I offer my services 100% free of charge for homecoming coverage. As most people know, my husband proudly serves his country as well and I understand the sacrifices we make as spouses/significant others as well as the sacrifices made by the service member during deployment. To be able to offer photographic memories of their reunion is the least I can do to say THANK YOU.

I hope you have some tissues ready, because this reunion was too emotional. McKenzie's face shows exactly what she was feeling at that moment.

Because every celebration needs a band!


No more living attached to her phone waiting for a phone call. (At least not for now!)


I'd say this group of beautiful ladies were very very happy!
The plane is HERE!


At this point, she kept saying "My heart is racing.. IM FREAKING OUT!!!!"

Pretty sure it was starting to set in that this part of their lives was coming to a close. He. Is. HOME!


She sees him.





And they lived happily ever after!

McKenzie & Jon, I want to thank you for letting me be a part of your special moment. Now, enjoy making up for lost time!!! <3

1 comments:

sarah elizabeth monroe said...

I should NOT have looked at these. Tears are falling. :( These are beautiful!

Post a Comment

 
© Jessica Walters Photography

CoffeeShop Designs